Do you want to complete your own dining room with some good marble, granite, zinc or glass top dining table? Then a great variety of original home designs is at your disposal. Yes, dinner time is a great opportunity to gather together with your family and friends. But what can be better than having a hearty meal in the comfort of brand new tables and chairs?
Certainly, each of us is going to add a touch of personality to our dining room: from glass and marble design to oak finish. Anyway, this is the issue of making your own home the best.
Thus, there are so many considerations, which need to be thought through. For help on deciding which table to buy, here are the main types of atmosphere to create:
- A glass top dining room table & neutral color schemes create a visually spacious surrounding. You may choose from black, frosted, or the traditional clear glass; as well as finishes like high gloss, chrome, or good old-fashioned wood. Never fear if looking for different shapes, except a standard rectangular dining table. In fact, you can find a nice round glass table for dinner that fits curvier model homes. Actually, glass is perfect both for intimate settings and contrasting accents in a neutral room.
- A wooden dining table can complete your dining room beautifully, due to luxurious oak, walnut and pine. The key thing about such tables is natural feel and tree properties. Depending on the selected style, you may add a kind of rustic character in order to create your own country style. Similar to glass dining tables, wooden ones (either in lighter or darker tones) create an effect of space, intimacy and contrast.
- A marble top dining room table & faux leather chairs look more unique, being a quite nice addition to any home. Typically, all the quarrymen tend to slice off marble by inspecting internal cracks in it. Therefore, there are many cuts and sizes available. Also, there are many types of marble tables, as well as many finishes: bevel, chamfer and round, for example.
Glass & Marble Top Dining Tables: Golden Rules of Maintenance
A marble top dining table requires more maintenance, compared with glass or wood. Firstly, it requires to be cleaned regularly; secondly, it should have sealant applications. In addition, be aware of etching, caused by acidic substance polish damages. Thus, you may need sanding down or honing the marble after many applications. Instead of dealing with sealants, you may opt for glass tops, either cut or bought for marble tables. A glass top dining table covers up the following: variation, beauty, texture and color of the marble, plus the cheaper cost in the long run (if using expensive sealants). Actually, the zinc top, copper top, metal top, stainless steel top, stone top, and tile top are timeless options (especially if this is a flip top) in terms of maintenance.
The Classic Elegance of a Marble Top Dining Table: Pros & Cons
- Beauty is at the top of the marble advantage list. A marble top dining table will complement any decor.
- Marble will never go out of style. So, you needn’t replace it, until you want to.
- Marble table tops are represented in many natural colors, as well as designed in a contemporary, modern, traditional, ornate & antique style.
- Marble is a soft stone, despite its density and durability. As a result, there can be much more staining and scratching. But if maintaining it properly, you will enjoy such a table for many years.
- Compared to other stone tops (e.g. granite top), marble is sensitive to wine, coffee, household cleaners, and even a plain glass of water.
Is Glass Top Dining Table Beauty Worth the Purchase?
- Absolutely! Elegant glass tables become true centerpieces of rooms and favorite pieces of furniture in the house. Luckily, they will last forever.
- If you have round glass top dining table, it can be universal, except providing a very clean and larger look.
- Glass dining room tables are easy to eat at, as you may not cover it with a tablecloth.
- They are also cheaper, but heavier than wood tables.
- The three possible problems are your children, pets and scratches. For this reason, a high top of glass dining room tables could be a non-hazard decision.
All in all, why not get a pool table dining top? Water works wonders with all possible problems!