No doubt that all homeowners have discovered the true potential of such living room furniture as utilitarian coffee tables. Nowadays, these items set the smart tone in every d?cor by their style, shape and size. Furthermore, your coffee table can be used in so many ways! For this reason, the perfect item brings much functionality.
Traditional coffee tables are normally crafted from wood or its components. In addition, they may feature a metal/stone base, glass top or decorative leather. Geometric and other artistic shapes are real stars , gaining in popularity, due to the combination of trendy appearance and classic styling.
The regular coffee table is usually 16-18 inches high. This is because both you and your guests may want to stay comfy, while setting down their drinks, for example. They say, your table should be the same height or 1-2 inches lower than your sofa seat height. As for the ideal length, the coffee table has to be two-thirds the sofa length. Nevertheless, you should be guided by the dimensions of your living room plus personal convenience. So, what about a lift top coffee table, which allows you to solve a problem in one place?
A Coffee Table with a Lift Top: 6 Fundamentals
- The lift-top functionality is definitely a perfect invention in the world of coffee tables. You may easily lift up and move your furniture piece closer, while eating or working on the computer. Long lived, the shifting top! However, on some tables, just the center part, but not the entire top lifts up.
- Also, there is much space underneath this top for keeping the things out of view. Depending on the storage area, a lift top coffee table either looks completely solid from outside (1) or has visible shelves & open space (2). That said, you may choose among solid tables with the hidden internal space and solid tables with usable drawers + the hidden internal space.
- In addition, you d be surprised by different accents and finishes. Although it s made from wood (as a rule), there can be either a glass top coffee table or a marble top coffee table (as well as metal top, stone top, slate top and other varieties). Actually, there are a lot of finishes to choose from: cherry or walnut, granite or tile, unfinished, etc. It is important to match the selected finish to the rest of your room d?cor.
4. Speaking of the shape, this particular style of table comes rectangle or wedge. While the former type fits almost any living room, the latter works well in the living room with a sectional sofa. Maybe, the black lift top or the round glass top? That is why you d better take measurements of existing space and personal preferences into account.
5. A lift top coffee table is probably the best option for those, who want to get the most use of eating and doing work in the living room. In most cases, bending over to reach something results in body strain. So, having the shifting coffee table glass top is not only comfortable but beautiful! In fact, you need no desk, as far as this top can hold any work materials.
6. Lift top coffee tables come in different designs, styles, features, colors, and qualities. Thus, keep all of this harmonized with your room, especially in the color and quality. Most often, it depends on the homeowner. Some people may opt for being in fashion; the others may want much storage space. This is the key reason why a lift top coffee table is also called an adjustable height table .
4 Noteworthy Functions of Adjustable Coffee Tables
- As an extra dining table, when having guests who cannot be seated at the dining table.
- As a laptop table, when saving yourself from putting the laptop on your lap.
- As a sturdy table, when playing board games.
- As a storage place for various items, e.g. books, magazines, CDs/DVDs, etc.
How to Choose Right?
*Look for the lift top with a safety lock that will prevent from its opening accidentally.
*Circular shape is ideal for corner tables.
*Get the ones built with rolling coasters, in order to easily transport the table to any home area.
*Hardwood tops will be long-lasting, light in weight and more durable.
So, buying this useful piece of furniture is a timeless investment, by all means. If you are a sort of DIY enthusiast, you can even save considerable money!